Tabletop Robotics is all about investigating interesting applications of Pololu 3pi robots (pictured right). The sum of my efforts form two complete projects: Paw Print, and Tabletop.
Project Paw Print
Paw Print is a global vision system created to control a large, varying number of m3pis so that they maintain a stationary formation. The project is intended to teach eager minds about wireless communication, global vision, and multi-agent robotics in general. A video and written overview of the project is available here.
Tabletop is a collection of interesting 3pi applications, all accessible under a single menu-based 3pi program.
Some of the more interesting applications developed include custom barcode reading, multi-agent grid navigation and creating spreadsheets from serial data. All of this work and documentation is freely available. The difficulty level of each sub-project varies, but a basic understanding of programming and robotics is assumed.
What's NewMay 21, 2013
- Finally, we've achieved our goal of creating a simple global vision for m3pis! Check out Paw Print here.
- We've come up with a short list of 3pi challenges, for those of you who are feeling ambitious or have too much free time.
- Due to the number of inquiries we've received regarding Atmel Studio 6.0, we are now offering Project Tabletop as AVR Studio 4 and Atmel Studio 6 project files.
- Our multi-agent project is finished! Due to the popularity of the grid navigation project, our aim was to create something that added to it. The result was a multi-m3pi system whereby the robots utilize A* pathfinding to navigate around each other to various destinations, as controlled by a PC. Check out the project here.
- Additionally, this next version of Project Tabletop includes improvements and bug fixes. As usual, source and pre-compiled projects are available for download.
- We're branching into multi-agent robotics! We're currently working on an exciting application involving multiple 3pis, to be added to Project Tabletop. Expect to see improvements to existing projects as well. Stay tuned!
- Tabletop version 1.1.0 is available for download. It includes more thorough documentation and some bug fixes.